Login to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
This is the home page for the Vanguard Prize. Please visit the Awards Home Page to apply for a different award.
Once you have read the requirements, please Click Here to submit your nomination.
If you would like to complete an incomplete or review a completed application, Click Here.
ASTS recognizes and honors ASTS junior members for their efforts in basic and clinical research by awarding travel prizes to the ASTS State of the Art Winter Symposium. The Vanguard Prize is designed to identify the best clinical and basic research manuscripts from young investigators in the previous year.
Eligible nominees must be junior faculty within five years of fellowship. Self nominations are accepted.
Two awards are available annually, contingent upon the availability of funds and the receipt of qualified applications. Recipient(s) will be recognized during the Awards Ceremony at the 2024 Winter Symposium and will receive:
- Complimentary registration for Winter Symposium
- 3 night’s hotel at the Winter Symposium
- Honoraria to Winter Symposium
- ASTS Member (Regular or Fellow Member)
- Clinical Instructor or Assistant Professor surgical faculty member at a UNOS approved (or Canadian equivalent) transplant center, within 5 years of fellowship
- The applicant must be either the first or the last author of the paper and may submit only one paper for consideration yearly
- Previous recipients of the Vanguard Prize are not eligible. To see a complete list of past recipients, click here!
- CV of the nominee
- Copy of research paper
Selection: Nominations are scored & weighted based on the following categories:
- Methodology 20%
- Originality 10%
- Overall/Impact 50%
- Significance 20%